I love this time of year. Christmas brings about time for reflection, visits with family and friends, and excitement. The New Year gives a fresh start and allows for goal setting.
Last night, our daughter, Megan, asked us about our goals for 2014. I said I wanted to start a blog about encouragement. As a mom, a wife, a boss, and a friend, I have many opportunities to offer words of praise. I admit I don't always do this as well as I should, so I think this blog will be a good exercise and reminder for me as well.
In addition to encouraging others, I also hope to assist them in setting goals as well as enjoying each day. I believe there is such a fragile balance between dreaming about the future and taking the time to truly enjoy each day as it comes.
I'm looking forward to hearing from you and making this interactive. I certainly don't pretend to have all of the answers, but I truly believe that God gives us the gift of one another for encouragement and love.
My words of encouragement for today are to find one blessing and really think about it. It can be anything. Maybe you are thankful for having the day off today. Perhaps you are happy that you have a warm house. Just think of one thing, big or small, and truly give thanks for it and enjoy it. I would love to hear what your blessing is.
What is my blessing of the day? Time. I have nothing on my schedule for today which is very unusual. I am very thankful for time to just "be."
Happy New Year! Blessings....
I love you, Mom!
ReplyDelete