Thursday, January 16, 2014

Making it happen

I've always been a rule follower. I feel safer and happier. Along with that, however, I find myself developing patterns that really should be changed now and then. As someone who is very disciplined, I tend to not step outside my world.

I work part time and have never even come close to using my vacation time.  As I am getting older and seeing friends and family deal with close calls and health issues, I realize that I need to truly live each day. I also had a co-worker share things with me that made me realize that I am not as invaluable as I thought. Although I didn't agree with a lot of what he said,  it really made me "wake up" and realize that I truly can't make it my life goal to please everyone.

My encouragement to you and to myself is to know that we are loved by an amazing God. We each have specific blessings, and we need to be thankful for them.

My goal for 2014 is to not get so tied up in my disciplined schedule, but rather to seek out ways to help others, enjoy more time with my husband, family, church family, and friends, and truly be thankful for each day.  Blessings....

No comments:

Post a Comment